Spur, a digital staffing agency, seeks hard-working and punctual Special Education Paraprofessionals in Marshall County Schools.
The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, adhering to the rules and guidelines set by the school and Spur. The primary responsibilities of this position are working alongside teachers and staff in their day-to-day activities with special needs students. Candidates must represent the school and program positively and professionally. Candidates must wear business casual clothing. There are reasonable accommodations available for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Duties expected of this position are:
- Must have experience working with children, individually or in a group setting.
- Must be able to assist with basic grade school-level classwork.
- Prior knowledge of an IEP is favorable.
- Responsible for escorting or walking students to different activities within the school.
- Be able to adapt to different and changing behaviors.
- Must be open to helping new students with different needs as they may arise.
- Supervising students as assigned during instructional and non-instructional activities
- Providing enrichment and remedial assistance as required
- Assisting with testing and evaluation to determine student progress
- Participating in activities that will develop positive interaction in the instructional process.
- Must be able to obtain a State of Alabama Background Check ($48.00)
- Must be able to complete MCS Training (Training offered at no cost by Spur Training Manager)
- Required Online Training
- Must be able to lift heavy objects to 65 lbs
- This position pays $15.00/hour
- Job Hours: 7:30 - 3:30 Monday - Friday when school is in session. (Hours vary per location)
- Accept the Job Offer
- Complete New Worker Profile in Spur App
- Background check and online training
- Start working on your assignment
Perks and Benefits of Working with Spur
What is Spur? How does it work?
- Get paid weekly on Friday via direct deposit, or Spur provides a pay card
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
- Health Insurance options available for all Spur workers
- Free telehealth, teletherapy, prescription discounts, and more once you start working (no insurance required)!
* Must be able to lift heavy objects to 65 lbs. In some cases, we have more severely special needs students who will need assistance with different things, including toileting. We will notify you in advance to ensure your comfort.